Coming to ENSEEIHT as a foreign student
How to apply as an exchange student
Exchange programs with ECTS are opened to foreign students (from ENSEEIHT partner universities) who have completed 2 full academic years of higher education.
All candidates must be nominated by the international office of their University. We won’t accept direct applications from students.
All exchange students must be nominated by their university’s International Office with a mail to ri @ enseeiht.fr (ri @ enseeiht.fr)
Nomination / Application / Deadlines
June 1st : for the 1st semester / autumn semester / all year
November 1st : for the 2nd semester / spring semester
A new application process has been set up for the students nominated by the International Office of their university / school.
These students will receive all necessary information after we received their nomination.
The students will have to fill in an application form on line and to upload direclty the following documents:
- Identity Card or Passport
- Transcript of Records
- Cover letter
- learning agreement, filled in, signed and stamped. See our webpage : http://www.enseeiht.fr/fr/formation/formation-ingenieur.html to know about the proposed courses
- french level proficiency certificate (all courses are taught in French, so we advise the students to have a good command of French : B1)
After the reviewing of their applications, the students should receive by mail their acceptance letter at the beginning of July or December, depending on the chosen semesters.
1st semester : mid of September - mid of January
2nd semester : mid of January - mid of July
See all available packages
The Welcome Desk will help you and give you many advices on some matters, such as :
- Accommodation (Caution CLÉ)
/!\ The Welcome Desk is open all the summer even during holidays !
41 allées Jules Guesde - Toulouse - Contact (laccueil @ univ-toulouse.fr)
Before your arrival
For citizens who do not come from the European Economic Area (EEA), a visa is required.
How to apply for a visa to come to France ?
To apply for a visa to come to France, you must contact the French consulate of the country of origin. Some consulates put online visa application forms. Once the form is completed, it must gather all the required supporting documents and file all at the consulate.
The response times can vary. Refer to the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for more information: http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/venir-en-france-22365/
Campus France Process
All information about the procedure you will have to follow to enter a French institution. It will depend on your nationality, the country in which you reside, and your educational plans.
The concerned students with Campus France Process have also to apply to the French Institution in which they are interested to enter.
Arrival at ENSEEIHT
The Summer School is dedicated to the engineer foreign students who come to study in Toulouse and want to improve their level in french as a foreign language (FLE).
B1 is the minimum level required to attend courses at ENSEEIHT, since all the courses are taught in French (except MoST).
The registered students will be welcomed by a dedicated team by their arrival at Toulouse.
The foreign students are also welcomed by the international office team (opening hours 9:30 - 12:00 / 14:00 - 17:00).
Incoming Students: Office F114 - Building F, first floor
Head of International Office : F119 - Building F, first floor
MoST Officer : F117 - Building F, first floor
Welcome Team for engineer exchange students
In order to ease the integration of engineer exchange students only, a team will help them understand the school and its campus life. They will answer all the requests.
A survey will allow to know the concerned exchange students and to find some french student, whom task will be to guide them through ENSEEIHT.
International office will send this form by end of july in order it will be send back, filled in, by August 26th to the electronic address given on the form.
Here is the website to find out information about the "Restaurants Universitaires of CROUS" opened :
The ENSEEIHT got its own "Restaurant Universitaire" which will open on Monday 29th August
Internet Access Code
Your registration at ENSEEIHT will allow you to get your personnal Internet Access Code. On the day after your registration you will be able to ask for it by our IT department.
CROUS residences are dedicated to the students, A limited quota of rooms, given by Toulouse CROUS services, is reserved to international students. The concerned students will receive the corresponding admittance notices, which will precise the provided location, the amount of the rent and of the deposit. The booking stays valid 7 days from the 1st day mentioned on the notices as being the beginning.
You'll be asked a mandatory booking deposit of 50 Euros to be payed by 26 August 2016, as a confirmation of your decision to come (see the terms of payment on the Annexe 2 of your admittance notice). For any difficulty you could meet, consult the FAQ section or send an email to : email@example.com (international @ crous-toulouse.f)
When you arrive at secrétariat of the Cité, you must :
- Provide the documents such as precised on the notices *the admittance notice *2 ID photos *guarantor "caution solidaire" or convention of guarantee CLé (see the way to do on the Annexe 3 of your admittance notice *the enrolment letter from Enseeiht while waiting for your ENSEEIHT' student card *your passport or ID card *the proof of paid booking deposit
- Pay the first rent (see Conditions Financières on the Annexe 1 of your admittance notice) plus a deposit of about the value of a monthly rent : either by cash, or with a french bank check, or with a bank card. 500 € bank notes are not accepted.
- Bring back the CROUS rules and regulations' form that you have received from CROUS, filled in and signed, to the "secrétariat" of the Hall of Residence
Please avoid an arrival during the week end (secrétariat is closed), as you must register at the Cité before getting the keys of your rooms (opening hours of the secrétariat of Cité are 8h30-12h30 and 13h30-16h)
Note: sheets, covers, crockery, tableware, dishes... are not provided by the Hall of Residence. The bed is a single bed (size is 0.90m).
You could bring them with you or buy them in the stores of Toulouse
Other types of accommodation
"Caution Clé" - Guarantor
In France, each renter must provide a guarantor : somebody who will pay the rent for you if you can't.
This guarantor must live in France for the non european students : in this case, the students have to fill out the "caution solidaire" form.
The parents could be the guarantors concerning the Erasmus + students : in this case, the students have to fill out the "caution solidaire" form.
In the other cases, the only possibility is to sign up for "Caution Clé" form.
The « Clé » system is a government guarantee.
A tutorial to help you (in French, English and Spanish versions).
In case of difficulty, send an email to : laccueil @ univ-toulouse.fr (laccueil @ univ-toulouse.fr)
TISSEO transportation network is : http://www.tisseo.fr/en/home
The closest station to Enseeiht is "François Verdier" or "Place Dupuy"
Carte Pastel : For the students less than 26 years old - illimited transport for bus and metro (10€ per month)
Buy it at the airport, at TISSEO shops, at the metro station Jean Jaurès
- an Airport Shuttle: connects the airport to the railway station by making several stops in the city centre (journey time: 20 to 45 minutes depending on traffic conditions) http://www.tisseo.fr/se-deplacer/navettes-thematiques
- the evening network ( http://www.tisseo.fr/se-deplacer/soiree ) and night service Noctambus ( http://www.tisseo.fr/se-deplacer/soiree ) serving the main University residences on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights between 1 am and 5 am.
Other way of transportation - "VélÔ Toulouse"
This bike sharing system is open 24/7.
Activate your long-term subscription on your Pastel card or student card and get some reduction or use the one delivered by Vélô Toulouse.
For more information follow: VélÔ Toulouse
Opening a bank account is a must to be able to make payments or receive the CAF allowances.
Documents to provide:
- An identity document (passport, visa, residency permit, etc.)
- A proof of address (telephone or electricity bill, rent receipt, booking certificate for your accommodation, etc.)
- A student card or certificate of school attendance.
Some examples of French Banks: LCL, Société Générale, BNP Paribas, ...
Pay attention to the delay to get your bank card and your cheque book, it could be around 10 days.
For the one who don't have a bank card when they will arrive to Toulouse, they would need to pay by cash (be careful : 500 Euros bank notes are not accepted in France).
Some general examples of payments to be made, depending on your situation:
- the enrolment fees for the one who are attending the Summer School
- the first rent and the deposit for the accommodation (by cash, or bank card or check) upon your registration at the Secrétariat of the Cité Universitaire
- the amount of Sécurité Sociale for the no-european students (215 €uros) to be payed during registration at Enseeiht
- the registration fees at Enseeiht
- your meals and first purchases
Insurances (accommodation, public liability)
Rental insurance certificate (attestation d'assurance Multirisques Habitation)
This certificate is compulsory in the Halls of Residence in order to cover:
- water damages, theft and fire.
You could purchase this insurance from websites such as L'EQUITE/AGH, MAE or from an insurance agency or when opening your bank account.
Public liability insurance certificate (attestation de Responsabilité Civile)
Responsabilité Civile (public liability insurance) is included in the rental insurance policy. It must be shown on the corresponding certificate.
You could also get Public Liability Insurance when you will register at Enseeiht (16 € or 18 €).
The “Assurance maladie” also called “Securité Sociale”.
- This mandatory insurance covers 70% of your medical expenses. European citizens coming from an EEE state and owner of a European health insurance card are exempted from subscribing it. More information on the Assurance Maladie website: http://www.ameli.fr/
- An additional insurance, which is not mandatory but strongly recommended, proposed by a lot of "mutuelles complémentaires".
- You can use your European Health Insurance Card (CEAM card) if this one is valid (you must bring a copy of the card and be covered for your entire stay in France).
Non-European students, depending on the length or your stay:
- For a full school year - the French social security system covers from October 1st to September 30th of the following year.
So, it's absolutely mandatory to get this kind of insurance that will cover you in France till 30th September.
- If you only stay in France maximum 3 months you just need a private insurance and not the French social security.
The contribution is paid upon the University enrollment: 215€ (2016-2017)
- If you are over 28, the best for you is to subscribe to a private social security covering your stay in France.
The SIMPPS (Service Interuniversitaire de Médecine) offers some free services and accompanies you during the year for:
- Questions about health, emergencies (contact the nursing office)
- Health concerns (take an appointment with a doctor) even specific (you can make an appointment with a dermatologist, a gynecologist, a tobacco specialist, a nutrition specialist)
- Problems of discomfort, depression ... (ask for an appointment with a psychologist or psychiatrist)
- Social questions, administrative procedures, you can see a social worker
- The introduction of special measures necessitated by a disability, whether temporary or permanent (take an appointment with a doctor).
Le SIMPPS, Service Médical et Social Etudiant, se situe dans l’Université Toulouse I Capitole (cour de l’Institut d’Etudes Politiques, au rez-de-chaussée, derrière la cafétéria - 2 ter, rue des Puits Creusés).
Il est ouvert de 8h30 à 17h, du lundi au vendredi, et vous pouvez le joindre à ces horaires, aux numéros suivants :
Secrétariat : 05 61 63 37 25 - Accueil Infirmier : 05 61 63 37 47 (ou 49).
Mme Catherine CAPDEVIELLE (catherine.capdevielle @ univ-tlse3.fr) service social - Tel : 05.61.55.73.67
OFII Stick - Préfecture
The Prefecture will provide a Welcome Service for international students at the Welcome Desk. Students will apply for, and receive, their residence permit here. Each student concerned must make an appointment through the website http://31.accueil-etrangers.gouv.fr/ and upload the file appropriate to their personal situation (1st application or renewal).
Upon arrival in France, you should contact the OFII to trigger the process and get your “long stay visa worthing like resident permit” (VLS-TS) validated.
You must get in in the 3 months of your arrival.
The instructions and the steps are all explained in the OFII user guide, given alongside the “long stay visa worth resident permit” (VLS –TS) at the French consulate. There are 3 possibilities to make an appointment in order to get the OFII sticker : either you send by post the filled in request form to the OFII location, or you could bring it directly to their office, or you could send it to the international office by email together with the copy of your passport (1st page+visa+entrance stamp).
CAF (Caisse d’Allocations Familiales) allows you to get housing allowances.
These allowances are called APL (Aide Personnalisée au Logement) and ALS (Allocation de Logement Sociale).
- The first month of rent is not taken into account by the CAF.
- You have to wait 2 to 3 months before the payment begins.
- Sometimes allowances are directly paid to the landlord, especially with the CROUS, and sometimes it will be paid to you, it depends on the landlord.
- You must provide a RIB to the CAF.
- The Non-European students must provide the OFII stamp.
- The rent receipts are now available on line on "CitéU" icon from the platform MesServices.etudiant.gouv.fr
You can make the application online: http://www.caf.fr/
Don't forget that you can come to the Welcome Desk, where CAF agents will assist you in estimating your possible allocations and help you with your application